Love the game!
One Boss Too Many
A top-down TSS set in 1 dungeon of 1 level, using only 1 bullet while running on one hp, against "one boss" only... Ehhrrmm, Maybe.
You are locked in battle at the last level with the final boss in a dungeon.
Careful now, "This isn't even my final form!!!" seems to be it's mantra.
- With your Lantern of Power, shoot a long range, ancient, arcane spell that goes back to it's source once set off.
- Insta-cast Flash Step with your boots of dash.
- Use the environment to outplay and outwit the only thing that stands between you and getting out of the dungeon! ;)
- Die and be a skull! ...with candles! Uhhh.. forget that last part.
- WSAD -movement
- Space - dash
- Left mouse button- shooting
- Any key - For getting out of game over or victory screen
!NOTICE: For a smoother, better game performance - download it! :D
Built in 2 days for the GMTK jam by a team of 4:
Open art contribution(assets):
|Updated||6 hours ago|
|Published||14 days ago|
|Release date||14 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Aseprite|
|Tags||Boss battle, Fantasy, Magic, Pixel Art, Roguelike, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
If Windows will give an
untrusted source error, press the more info button and press Run.
- WASD - Movement
- Mouse Cursor - Aiming direction
- Left Click - Fire projectile
- Spacebar - Dash
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Very fun game. Great artstyle! Love the adhereance to the theme. I felt the projectiles path was a bit hard to control on the swing back to hit the enemies more than once reliably, if that is what was intended. Loved the boss design, the third boss was really neat, especially the lazer looking attack.
Thank you on review, unfortunately we hadn't had enough time for fully polishing and play testing game.
I enjoyed playing, nice work there!